Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pure Organic Bar: Try it! Now!


There's nothing better than seeing a new product on the shelf and knowing that if I try it and LOVE it, I get to blog about it! This was NOT the case about the farm-tasting Sheep's Milk Yogurt I ate this week. However, you have GOT to try these Pure organic snack bars! I tried the apple cinnamon this week, and it changed my life! I cannot wait to go back and get more flavors (dark chocolate berry? cherry cashew? wild blueberry? chocolate brownie? cranberry orange? YES PLEASE!) 

From their website: "Certified organic, gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan , Pure Bars provide completely clean and balanced nutrition in an enticing and entirely delicious bar. Made with only simple, real ingredients, Pure Bar will nurture your body, mind, and spirit."

Apple Cinn flavor reminded me of apple cake. My boss said it was like a chewy bar of Charoset (Jews? Passover? Hear Ye Hear Ye!) It had the perfect amount of apples, cinnamon, and walnuts. All said ingredients were organic (listed: dates, apples, agave nectar, walnuts, cashew butter, almonds, rice protein (?), and cinnamon.) I like when I know all (but 1) of my ingredients. Chemicals SUCK!

Find them in Trader Joes, Wegman's, Giant, Genaurdi, select Whole Foods, Essene Natural Foods (near South Street) etc. The coolest place to buy? REI! Going on a camping trip? Get some snax in the store while you gear up.

The one I ate had a wholesome 200 calories. I am on a low(er)-calorie diet, though my brother pointed out to me recently that I could try shifting from eating "lots of low cal snacks" to "less food with higher calories". My point is that once I eat this, I am full for quite a while, as opposed to eating lower calorie snacks and feeling like I need another every 45 minutes!

Let me know if you try it...you won't regret it!
-ADR

No comments:

Post a Comment