Friday, March 29, 2013

Happier Feet: TRY Asics GEL Sneakers

image GEL-Nimbus® 14

While on hiatus for Passover, I encountered a new sneaker for my pained feet. As a fitness instructor, I am always looking for a new answer to tired feet -- Zumba Fitness involves jumping, moving side to side, low-impact dancing (like salsa), toning (squats!), and more. I had been wearing all different sneakers for years, but I have finally found the ultimate foot-friendly cure: ASICS GEL sneakers! They will make your toes and heels feel like they're bouncing in a cloud. See those grey spots on the bottom of the shoe? Those are gel pockets. Each Asics Gel sneaker has these gel pockets in a different place in the shoe for different types of cushioning. I prefer the Nimbus model (I tried a few different models on before coming to this conclusion) because they had less tread, and are aimed to give extra cushion support--making it easier for me to slide side to side.
image GEL-Nimbus® 14
I found that the tread blocks are large/wide and relatively flat-- not a lot of stuff sticking out for ground-grasping purposes...good for sliding on a carpet, for instance.

They were on sale at Foot Locker & Finish Line to $110 and $105 respectively  Full-price on the website comes out to $140. I know that is expensive, but if you're someone who REALLY wears your sneakers religiously, you deserve to give your feet the comfort they need.  You'll be more likely to stay away from injuries if you give your feet a comfy shoe.

PS - Asics used to be the "uglier" sneaker growing up, but now they are NEON and hot to trot. Sold everywhere sneakers are sold. Try them on in the store at least, even if you don't decide to buy. I am saving up for a 2nd pair!

Keep moving--
-ADR

No comments:

Post a Comment