Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"HAPPIER" (the book), Tal Ben Shahar- READ IT!


If you read 1 book in 2013, you definitely want to read "Happier" by Tal Ben Shahar, Ph.D.! It will open your eyes and rejuvenate your soul for a healthy new year.

Let's make this short and sweet. Why should you read it? I'll tell you why:
  • It is relatively short, with small chapters, and it's an "easy" read.
  • It has tons of real-life examples that you can relate to as you read it, making it easy to understand and easy to retain the information you learn. I walk around quoting it all the time...which I can't really say for novels or other non-fiction pieces that I've read.
  • Most likely, you're unhappy about something- as most people are- and this will help you re-calibrate your priorities and sense of what is really important in the world around you. Fresh starts in 2013!
  • Tal Ben-Shahar is the professor of one of the most popular Harvard psychology classes about positive psychology...reading his book is pretty much a glimpse into that class.
Let me know if you read it, I'd love to talk about it with you! 
Happy reading,
-ADR

No comments:

Post a Comment