Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Morning Star Grillers Recipe Crumbles: TRY IT

I recently used Morning Star Crumbles as a meat substitute. I am usually skeptical of food substitutes and anything with chemicals in the ingredients that I am not 100% sure of...but this yummy treat has proven its worth. 

I am neither a vegetarian nor a vegan, but I am kosher, which poses a few pieces of information you should understand before reading on:
  • I don't mix meat and milk (no chicken parm, no cheese steak, no meat on my nachos, no cheeseburgers)
  • Kosher meat is more expensive so I don't eat it often 
  • I live with non-kosher roommates so it's easier to stay vegetarian most of the time and not worry about the fuss of keeping everything separate
With that said, a colleague of mine recommended using Morning Star Crumbles because I recently mentioned I was making my amazing friend Ali's "Mexican Lasagna", which she grabbed off Pinterest last year for the Superbowl, which I then commissioned her to make for my birthday. 


Ali Making Mexican Lasagna for my 26th Birthday last year

photo.JPG 
My Mexican Lasagna w/ Morning Star "Meat" more recently

    
Lasagna finished and cooked (with Allison's smile fries on the side).
____________________________________________________________
WELL- let's just say that Morning Star Crumbles (along with the chick 'n nuggets) has changed my life. Here's why you have GOT TO TRY IT:
  • VERY flavorful
  • NOT too expensive
  • Kosher Certification
  • HIGH in protein (NUTRITION FACTS HERE)
  • Can be used with dairy since it's not REAL MEAT!
  • Low in calories per serving (something like 80 per half cup)
  • 75% less fat than real meat crumbles
  • Available in almost all supermarkets (I've bought/seen it at Target, Wegmans, Shoprite Acme and Superfresh...but not whole foods...booo!). 
  • Get it fast...I'm finding that it is the only morning star product that quickly sells out!

-ADR

No comments:

Post a Comment